Job Title: Tunnel Inspector
Type: Full Time
Location: 2705 Bladensburg Road, NE, Washington, DC 20018
Posted: January 2019
- Meet weekly with project management personnel and attend bi-weekly operations meetings.
- Serve as on-site liaison during tunnel-related work.
- Perform daily drive-through of all tunnels and daily walk-throughs of the tunnel support areas and fan rooms.
- Perform daily routine surveys and inspections of the various tunnel elements, including, but not limited to tunnel fan operation controls and mechanical systems, lighting systems, safety features, signals, and communication systems.
- Provide documentation of such activities and associated status findings to project manager.
- Ensure that all maintenance and inspection activity are logged in Asset Management Record.
- Monitor maintenance work associated with all tunnels to verify that there are done in accordance with the terms and requirements of the contract.
- Identify and document asset deficiencies that do not meet the performance standards or other terms of the contract.
- Verify the completion of time-critical maintenance tasks.
- Verify that all identified asset deficiencies, including those identified in periodic evaluations, are correctly entered into Asset Management Record and follow up to ensure that scheduled remedies or corrective work is being done within the required time frame.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs