Job Title: Stress Analyst
Type: Full Time
Location: Denver/Littleton CO Area
Posted: January 2019
- Perform finite element and classical stress analysis of Orion Docking Mechanisms.
- Create Stress Analysis Models of the Docking Mechanisms and incorporate in to existing Orion system finite element models.
- Modify existing Orion finite element models as necessary to evaluate Orion Docking Mechanisms.
- Support stress analysis assessments to rapidly guide design maturation.
- Perform preliminary and final analyses, part sizing, fatigue/fracture assessment, drawing coordination and sign-off, test support and correlation, analyses presentations, and documentation of analyses for deliverable stress and fracture reports.
- Derive and apply load cases and develop resulting stress analysis
- Link models and execute analysis on subsystem and system level elements
- Iterative analysis with design to achieve high performance/ low mass designs
- Perform Mass opportunity assessments and support long lead hardware implementation.
- Models shall meet modeling standards established on the Orion Program.
Requisite skill set of resources applied by the contractor include:
- Mechanical engineer with experience performing stress analysis on spacecraft or aircraft structures.
- Proficient in Nastran and FEMAP or NX
- Experience performing fracture and/or fatigue analysis
Preferred skill set:
- Human Rated Spacecraft Structures
- Flight mechanisms
BS Mechanical Engineering
5-10 years mechanical/structure stress analyst
Minimal travel to Houston, TX required
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED